Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My God, My conqueror

So I have been trying to read through Deuteronomy and though most days I seem to fail to be awake before my kids, or take the time to stop when I have a moment...God is being faithful with the time I have been reading this book recently. I also have just begun a new study, Lord I want to know You (The names of God), by Kay Arthur, I'm only on Day 2 and already God is seeming to say the same things to me in both places. Amazing how God works!

I have lots of fears. However, a recent fear that I have been discovering is the fear of failure. I hadn't labeled it as this until today.

In Deuteronomy, it seems over and over again the Isrealites are afraid that things aren't going to work out and that God will fail them. They continue to turn to other things instead. Giants, hunger, you name it they feared it. I began to realize that I had my own giants and hunger in my life. Currently the Spanish language is a big giant looming in front of me! Not only that but this giant is surrounded by the need to be a mother, wife, friend, and disciple. How can I defeat this giant when so many things need to be done? Will I fail someone or something as I pursue this giant?

God brought the Israelites to the promised land. He defeated many things FOR them. Despite their inabilities and their needs, God conquered all! Deuteronomy 7:6 For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for His treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

God it is not me but YOU that conquers all things!

Romans 8:37 No in all these tings we are more than conquerors though him who loved us.

1 comment:

Luke & Tamra said...

Amen sister! :)
p.s. I'm liking this more frequent blogging ;)